We are delighted that you are considering being married in the cathedral. Our sacred space has been the setting for splendid weddings since 1885, and our hope is that you will choose the cathedral as the location for one of the most joyous and sacred days of your life.
Although being a member is not a requirement to be married at the Cathedral, our sincere hope is that couples will attend worship at the Cathedral during marriage preparation and that each couple will consider becoming a regular part of the Cathedral community.
To schedule a wedding at the Cathedral of the Incarnation:
- Review the Wedding Contract.
- Attend a Sunday service and introduce yourself to a member of the clergy. Or, if you intend to use clergy from outside the cathedral, have them call the office and speak to a priest for approval.
- Fill out the Wedding Inquiry Form. Please do not fill out this form until you have completed step 2.
- Wait at least two weeks to receive our contract.
- Return contract and pay wedding deposit (half the wedding fee).
The fee for weddings is $5,000. The only discount available is for active, pledging members of the Cathedral of the Incarnation who have given at least $1,500 to the cathedral in the previous year. That discount is given at the discretion of the dean. At present, we only allow up to 50 guests. This will change depending on CDC and state guidelines for Covid-19. Our fee does not change regardless of how many guests you have or how long or short your service is.
We do not schedule weddings during the season of Lent or on the week before Christmas. Exceptions will be made at the discretion of the dean.
A deposit of half the wedding fee must be received and confirmed by the cathedral office before any announcement of the wedding is made.
Couples who would like to use their own officiant must have their officiant approved by our clergy. They may call the office and speak to the dean or to our cathedral vicar.
We may only discuss wedding arrangements and payments with the wedding couple. Family members and friends may not make arrangements for weddings.
Reach out to Kris via email only with questions and allow one week for a response.